Wednesday, February 14, 2018

"Who decides what the audience should see and like?" : Bhansali

Sanjay Leela Bhansali said in an interview, "As a child, I never got to celebrate my birthday. My sister and I were not even allowed to attend birthday parties. Having said that, I see no reason to celebrate, birthday or no birthday. The fate of 'Padmaavat' was never in our hands, or in the hands of those who wanted to stop it. I have just one question for those who don’t like my film, many of them without seeing it: Who decides what the audience should see and like?" He further added, “My work, my cinema is the only impetus. I have to wake up every morning with hope in my heart. The past year has been traumatic for me. I am yet to process all the levels of attack I went through. I only want to feel thankful that our film has been seen by the public and liked… except by those who invariably think my cinema is about excesses. To them I can only say sorry, I will try harder next time to please you.” readmore@PinkVilla

No comments:

Post a Comment